Tuesday 19 March 2013

Karen's Desert Island Discs CJ - by Sherry


This is my contribution to Karen's Desert Island Discs CJ.
The song I chose was by Emerson Lake and Palmer - 'Cest La Vie'.

I hadn't heard this song before but took inspiration for the page
from the first verse of the song
"Have your leaves all turned to brown
Will you scatter them around you" 

I used my Gelli plate and the page went through various stages
before I was finally satisfied with it.




 The little folder on the front has a button closure and opens
up to reveal a rubber stamped image of 'gratitude' and
an umbrella with little hearts raining down on it.
I thought this appropriate for Karen's reason for choosing this song.

Hope it's OK for you Karen.

I took a deep breath and added to other contributors' pages ....

To Sian's page - Bird Gerhl
I added a little metallic rub on paste to the bottom left hand corner -
to further highlight the embossing.

To Pat Beaumont's page - Sweet Child of Mine
I didn't add to as it was so full already.

To Karen's own page - Ave Maria
I added some metallic rub on paste to the door.
(I must just say that I think this page is really beautiful).

To Virginia's page - Purple Rain
I added some clear embossing to the purple raindrops.

Finally, to Donna's page - The Final Cut
I added a little varnish around the eyes to
highlight the tears.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, to think about The Exquisite Corpse Project
- thanks for the email Sarah, safely received :)
  

4 comments:

  1. YAY Sherry - fabulous page you did and SOOO much harder to add tothe pages now we are over half way round - you did Real Good - Awesome,

    dxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that song! and your page is perfect for it, isn't autumn a beautiful season?

    and yay for being brave with the additions! fun isn't it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the gelli plate stages! Great page x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the gelli plate build up - fantastic!

    ReplyDelete